School enrichment classes never tasted so good. Our classes are one hour and are offered in 5 or 6 week sessions. Students enjoy themed cooking lessons with seasonal and sensational foods, for students K-G8.
The Edible Education hands-on curriculum gives students confidence in the kitchen. Students prepare three to four recipes per class.
Our trained chefs provide step-by-step, age appropriate, hands-on instruction for your kids, which makes learning to cook real food fun for everyone!
In-School Fields Trips
Our chefs bring all the equipment, supplies and food needed for a fun and information packed, hands on cooking experience. Typically we are assigned to a trailer, art or science room where the entire grade level rotates through our three stations, one class at a time.
An Example February Field Trip “Cauliflower Pizza Bites”
9:00 to 9:50 – Mrs Adamcheks Class
Station I ~ Caulflower & Veggie Prep
Station II ~ Pizza Bite Baking
Station III ~ Chocolate Dipped Fruit
10:00 to 10:50 – Mr Wilsons Class
Repeat Stations. We can handle five classes with a half hour for lunch.
Edible Education classes are designed to:
- Provide students with the opportunity to interact with role models displaying healthy eating habits and lifestyles
- Get children up, active and participating in meal planning and preparation
- Fight childhood obesity
- Bring Virginia Science and Math SOL’s to life
- Broaden a child’s knowledge and understanding of the world with international cuisines
- Teach cooperation and the ability to work well with others to complete a task
- Have a ball!
Contact us today to see how we can provide an enrichment program for your school!
Visit us at SOURCE Kitchen: 13566 Waterford Place, Midlothian, VA 23112