CAMP C.H.E.F. REGISTRATION WILL RE-OPEN SPRING OF 2019!!!!!!
Camp C.H.E.F. has been an exciting addition to Edible Education for seven consecutive years. C.H.E.F. stands for Culinary, Healthy, Education, Farming, and we will center all our activities around these concepts. Your camper will be inspired once they learn how fun and easy food prep can be! From beginners to pros, there’s no limit to what you can cook or create!
“I have been recommending the camp to friends! I think it is a wonderful, practical, and well put together camp for budding chefs and food enthusiasts. I especially appreciate that the menu is filled with healthy foods (unlike other programs I have found that make simple and junky foods).”
-Debbie Lewis, Richmond, VA
“My daughter had a wonderful time. She is already planning on next summer’s camp.”
-Jennifer Nixon, Midlothian, VA
“My daughter loved Camp C.H.E.F. and wants to do more cooking classes!”
-Jennifer Hazelgrove, Richmond, VA
We use locally sourced, seasonal produce. We welcome children with food allergies and specialized diets. We do not use nuts, nut products or artificial colors. We do use hormone-free meats along with soy, rice, and coconut milks. All recipes are provided when camp ends. Our recipes are quite tasty, and children can prepare them on their own or with a bit of guidance from an adult.
Our mornings consist of creative play, and in the afternoons you become a chef! Our all-day camps begin with a session with either Young Rembrandts, Challenge Island, Bricks4Kidz, or Edible Education Creative Crafts which run 9 AM – 12 PM with a 30-minute lunch break, and end with hands-on cooking lessons that run 12:30 -4:30 PM.
*THERE IS NO COOKING IN THE MORNING SESSIONS: The following AM providers will engage our campers in art projects, puzzles and problem solving games, and creative play.
- Create art with Young Rembrandts (Young Rembrandts teaches the drawing skills children need while developing learning skills that give children an academic advantage in the classroom.)
- Solve a fun problem with Challenge Island (Campers work together with tribes full of friends who share their passions to create entire worlds built around our exciting pop culture themes.)
- Build LEGO creations with Bricks4Kidz (Programs that provide an extraordinary atmosphere for students to build unique creations, play games, and have loads of fun using LEGO® bricks.)
- Make crafts and play games with Edible Education’s Creative Crafts
The afternoon is filled with cooking, baking, and chopping up new and exciting dishes following the different Edible Education recipes following our different camp themes, including:
- Open a Bakery I
- Open a Bakery II
- Science of Cooking I
- Foods of the USA
- Cruise at Sea II
- Edible Essentials
- You can do it all!
- AM Session : $135 – $170 (dependent upon which activity is being held that day)
- PM Session : $225
- All-Day Session : $360 – $395 (dependent upon which activity is being held that day)
*There is a 10 % Multiple Sibling Discount per first sibling and on
This information and pricing is specific to our Midlothian location. Please click on a location below to register your child and see which events will be held at that location. Also listed are the dates, times, and specific pricing for each location’s event.
Camp C.H.E.F. will be held at locations around Northern and Central VA currently at:
- Edible Education
- St Catherine’s
- MathScience Innovation Center
- Steward School
- St. Michael’s Episcopal Church in Bon Air
Chef Ann will also be hosting a special ‘Magical & Mysterious’ session in Cape Girardeau, MO
July 16th – 20th!
Be sure to “like” and “follow” our Facebook page to be kept up to date!
Camp C.H.E.F. Locations
13566 Waterford Place
Midlothian, VA 23114
6001 Grove Ave,
Richmond, VA 23226
2401 Hartman St.
Richmond, VA 23223
338 B, Broadway Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
8706 Quaker Lane
Richmond, VA 23235
11600 Gayton Road
Richmond, VA 23238