If you love muffins, you’ll adore this recipe that’s as fun as it is easy to make. Just ask Claire and Alex, who are whipping up theirs with a favorite fall flavor: pumpkin.
What you’ll need:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 3/4 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Step 2 Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin wrappers or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Step 3 In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cloves, cranberries and cinnamon.
- Step 4 In a medium bowl combine sugar, pumpkin, buttermilk, brown sugar, canola oil and egg.
- Step 5 Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in your pumpkin mixture. Stir until just moist.
- Step 6 Fill muffin cups ⅔ to ¾ full. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
Yields: 12 muffins
Learn more at: EdibleEducationTV.com
Music: “Life of Riley” and “Carefree” by Kevin MacLeod