- 1 lb. strawberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 T Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- Equipment: knives, cutting board, pot, flame, potato masher or whisk
- Step 1 Clean fruit and remove the stems.
- Step 2 Combine water and strawberries in pot.
- Step 3 Add Chia seeds and honey
- Step 4 Let cook down for 10 minutes, stirring ocassionally
- Step 5 Mash mixture with potato masher or whisk
- Step 6 Let cool, and enjoy!
- 6 oz. fresh spinach, washed
- 1 pint strawberries and/or blueberries, washed, dried, and sliced
- 1 green apple, washed sliced thinly (keep skins on)
- ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella (or favorite cheese: feta, bleu, etc.)
- Dressing: ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup of Balsamic vinegar, 1/8 cup of apple cider vinegar, 3 T. honey, salt and pepper, 1 cup pureed strawberries
Equipment: large mixing bowl, knives, spoons to toss
- Step 1: Toss all the ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Step 2: Make your own dressing (see recipe below). Or use a store-bought version that you like. Just be sure to pick one without artificial colors, such as Annie’s lite Raspberry Vinaigrette. Add dressing just before eating to keep salad from wilting.
- Note: The perfect kid-size salad includes 2 oz of fresh spinach, 2 sliced strawberries, 4 slices of granny smith apples, and added 1 T. of shredded mozzarella cheese. Use a lite vinaigrette dressing for just the right sweet sour balance.
- For dressing: Pour ingredients into a big jar, pop on the lid, and dance around the kitchen while you shake it up. This recipe is packed with Vitamin C, folic acid, iron — and it’s really tasty! What more could you ask for?!
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 5 T. sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup butter, very cold, in slices
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3 T. sugar
- 1 T. real vanilla
Equipment: Knife, cutting board, mixer, mixing bowls, baking pan, measuring spoons, measuring cups
Step 1 – Mix strawberries with 5 tablespoons sugar and refrigerate while juices develop, at least 30 minutes.
Step 2 – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 3 – Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
Step 4 – Cut in the butter using a pastry knife or 2 knives together in a slicing motion. The batter will be crumbly and lumpy. Add egg and milk and mix until just combined.
Step 6 – Place mixture in an ungreased 8-inch square pan and bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
Step 7 – Beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form, then add 3 T sugar and 1 T vanilla until mixed.
Step 8 – Layer with strawberries and add whipped cream!
- One egg per quiche – well mixed
- 1 T. shredded cheese per quiche ( cheddar, mozzerlla, parmesean, feta)
- 1 - 2 T. chopped spinach
- ¼ t. chopped green onion per quiche
- 2 wonton wrappers per quiche
- Olive Oil
Equipment: muffin pan, mixing bowl, fork or whisk, knife, cutting board. mixing spoons/cups
In a muffin tin – ( we found that using the silicon muffin holders works best, or try the foil muffin papers, brushed with olive oil) If using a 6 muffin container, you’ll want to multiple the above recipe by 6.
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2 – Place into the muffin holders, wonton papers brushed with olive oil, you will want 2 wonton wrappers per quiche. Arrange the wonton wrappers into the muffin paper.
Step 3 – Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
Step 4 – Add the mixed egg and other ingredients on top of the wonton wrappers – top with a small pinch of salt and pepper
Step 5 – Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until just browned. Let cool slightly, and enjoy!