- 5-6 oz spinach or mixed greens
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas
- ½ lb fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds or slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup precooked chicken (optional)
- 1/4 cup feta or gorgonzola cheese (optional)
- Vinagrette Dressing - strawberry, pomegranate or balsamic
Equipment: Colander, Cutting Board, Knife, Large bowl/serving platter or 3-4 plates.
- Rinse and dry greens and snap peas and place in a large salad bowl or platter.
- Rinse and slice strawberries and add to bowl/platter.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds or almonds just before serving.
- Add chicken and/or cheese, if desired
- Drizzle with vinagrette salad dressing.
- 1 navel orange, peel and white pith removed
- 1 large carrot, scrubbed, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- ⅔ cup coconut water
- 1/2 - 1 T. flax seeds
- 3/4 tea. grated & peeled ginger or 1/2 tea dry ginger
- 1/2 tea. dried tumeric or curry (optional)
- Pinch of Salt
Equipment: Measuring cups. measuring spoons, sharp knife, cutting board, box grater, 2 glasses
Using smoothie or ice crush setting, purée orange, carrot, mango, coconut water, flax seeds, ginger, turmeric or curry, and salt, and ½ cup ice in a blender until smooth.
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 tea. salt
- 3 T. honey
- 1 T. curry powder
- 2/3 c. plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. snipped fresh chives
Equipment: Cutting board, sharp knife, measuring spoons, measuring cups, bowl, large baking sheet, serving bowl
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Clean and peel carrots. Halve large carrots lengthwise.
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with foil. Toss carrots with olive oil. Evenly spread carrots in prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt. Roast carrots for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, warm honey in microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk in curry powder; set aside.
- Remove carrots from oven. Drizzle with honey mixture; toss to coat. Roast 10 minutes longer, until carrots are glazed and tender when pierced with a fork. Transfer to a serving platter.
- For Chive Yogurt, in a bowl combine yogurt, chives, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Serve with roasted carrots.