- 24 apples, gala, yellow, delicious or jonagolds
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- Step 1 Using a peeler, peel the skins off the apples and cut into slices with an apple corer.
- Step 2 Place the apple slices along with the water, brown sugar and cinnamon into a heavy pot and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Step 3 The apples should become soft and the water should evaporate. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Step 4 If you like, mash with a masher or a fork and serve warm.