Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Ready In: 30 minutes
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 sliced pears
- 1 1/2 lbs. butternut squash, diced, no skin
- 2 t butter
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t fresh ginger
- 1 seeded jalapeño pepper, if desired.
- Step 1 In a large stock pot combine butter, diced onion, pears and squash. Cook until tender.
- Step 2 Remove and puree in a food processor, adding 1/2 cup of vegetable broth if needed.
- Step 3 Put back into stock pot and add remaining ingredients. If you want to kick it up a bit, add the jalapeno pepper with the onion mixture so it is pureed.
- Step 4 Serve with crème fraiche and garnish of thinly sliced pear.