- 3 large potatoes
- 1 large onion - Vidalia
- 2 cups of shredded curly kale - without the stem
- 2 cups of half and half
- 1 T. Olive oil
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Garnish with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a couple of chive pieces
- Step 1 In a stock pot – bring diced ( not peeled) potatoes to a boil with just enough water to barely cover the potatoes – when they are slightly soft, roughly drain the water off. If you have some water still in the pan – it is okay and healthier.
- Step 2 While the potatoes are cooking, finely dice onions and sauté in a small pan with 1 T. olive oil.
Add onions and shredded kale to the potato stock pot. Add 6 cups of the broth, and pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until the kale is tender which is about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Step 3 Put the entire mixture in a decently good blender and puree until smooth. You can also just keep in the pot and use an immersion blender.
- Step 4 Begin to warm up and add the half and half. If you would like the soup thinner, add the remaining 2 cups of broth.Garnish with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a couple of chive pieces