Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes Ready In: 50 minutes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4 T. olive oil
- 4 t. sea salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1: Preheat oven at 425 degrees (the high heat provides a nice crisp).
- Step 2: In a large bowl, toss together 4 T. olive oil, 4 t. of sea salt, and ground pepper to taste.
- Step 3: Wash the potatoes and leave the skins on (there are a ton of vitamins, minerals, and fiber in the skin).
- Step 4: Slice them into 1/4-inch thick rounds or into long strips.
- Step 4: Lay them flat on a baking sheet and pop into the oven for 30-40 minutes until the skins are slightly caramelized looking. Be sure to flip them a couple of times during the baking process using tongs, which work very well.
- Step 5: Upon removing from the oven, sprinkle 3 T. of powdered sumac on the fries. Eddie and I had this once at a German restaurant, and it was so good. Note: although sumac can be a little difficult to find, check out your specialty spice stores or order online. It’s worth the effort!