- 1 lb. strawberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 T Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- Equipment: knives, cutting board, pot, flame, potato masher or whisk
- Step 1 Clean fruit and remove the stems.
- Step 2 Combine water and strawberries in pot.
- Step 3 Add Chia seeds and honey
- Step 4 Let cook down for 10 minutes, stirring ocassionally
- Step 5 Mash mixture with potato masher or whisk
- Step 6 Let cool, and enjoy!
- 6 oz. fresh spinach, washed
- 1 pint strawberries and/or blueberries, washed, dried, and sliced
- 1 green apple, washed sliced thinly (keep skins on)
- ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella (or favorite cheese: feta, bleu, etc.)
- Dressing: ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup of Balsamic vinegar, 1/8 cup of apple cider vinegar, 3 T. honey, salt and pepper, 1 cup pureed strawberries
Equipment: large mixing bowl, knives, spoons to toss
- Step 1: Toss all the ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Step 2: Make your own dressing (see recipe below). Or use a store-bought version that you like. Just be sure to pick one without artificial colors, such as Annie’s lite Raspberry Vinaigrette. Add dressing just before eating to keep salad from wilting.
- Note: The perfect kid-size salad includes 2 oz of fresh spinach, 2 sliced strawberries, 4 slices of granny smith apples, and added 1 T. of shredded mozzarella cheese. Use a lite vinaigrette dressing for just the right sweet sour balance.
- For dressing: Pour ingredients into a big jar, pop on the lid, and dance around the kitchen while you shake it up. This recipe is packed with Vitamin C, folic acid, iron — and it’s really tasty! What more could you ask for?!
- 2 c. of unbleached flour
- 1 c. of brown sugar
- 2/3 c. of grated carrots
- 1 ½ c. of oatmeal
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 2 c. of buttermilk
- 3 t. melted butter
- 4 t. baking powder
- 1 t.baking soda
- 1 c. of dried apricots
- Juice & zest of 2 oranges
- 2 eggs
- ¼ t. salt
- 4 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. melted butter
- 2/3 cup of oats
Beautiful colors and flavors – these muffins are sure to be a lunch time hit! Adding nuts, raisins or zucchini provides additional flavor and nutrition.
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Step 2 – Make the topping: combine sugar, oats and melted butter and set aside.
Step 3 – Make the muffins: Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Add shredded carrots, chopped apricots, cinnamon, oats, and orange zest and mix well. Add buttermilk, eggs, butter, salt and orange juice and mix again. Do not over mix, just until blended and lumpy.
Step 4 – Bake in muffin papers and fill to about 2/3 full, Add topping and bake for 25 – 30 minutes until golden brown. Cool and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 5 T. sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup butter, very cold, in slices
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3 T. sugar
- 1 T. real vanilla
Equipment: Knife, cutting board, mixer, mixing bowls, baking pan, measuring spoons, measuring cups
Step 1 – Mix strawberries with 5 tablespoons sugar and refrigerate while juices develop, at least 30 minutes.
Step 2 – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 3 – Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
Step 4 – Cut in the butter using a pastry knife or 2 knives together in a slicing motion. The batter will be crumbly and lumpy. Add egg and milk and mix until just combined.
Step 6 – Place mixture in an ungreased 8-inch square pan and bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
Step 7 – Beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form, then add 3 T sugar and 1 T vanilla until mixed.
Step 8 – Layer with strawberries and add whipped cream!
- One egg per quiche – well mixed
- 1 T. shredded cheese per quiche ( cheddar, mozzerlla, parmesean, feta)
- 1 - 2 T. chopped spinach
- ¼ t. chopped green onion per quiche
- 2 wonton wrappers per quiche
- Olive Oil
Equipment: muffin pan, mixing bowl, fork or whisk, knife, cutting board, mixing spoons/cups
In a muffin tin – ( we found that using the silicon muffin holders work best, or try the foil muffin papers, brushed with olive oil) If using a 6 muffin container, you’ll want to multiple the above recipe by 6.
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2 – Place into the muffin holders, wonton papers brushed with olive oil, you will want 2 wonton wrappers per quiche. Arrange the wonton wrappers into the muffin paper.
Step 3 – Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
Step 4 – Add the mixed egg and other ingredients on top of the wonton wrappers – top with a small pinch of salt and pepper
Step 5 – Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until just browned. Let cool slightly, and enjoy!