Prep Time: 2 days Cooking Time: About 2-1/2 hours Ready In: For Thanksgiving dinner
- A large space in your refrigerator, lobster pot, cooler
- Salt and other various flavor enhancers
- Orange peels, dried allspice berries, brown sugar
- Step 1: Dissolve your salt and other enhancers in the solution and keep in fridge from 8 hours to 1 day. If you are using a cooler – make sure to keep the ice so the water does not go above 38-39 degrees.
- Step 2: Rinse off the turkey, inside and out.
- Step 3: Place the turkey back in the refrigerator for 1 additional day, up to 2 days before cooking.
- Step 4: Begin roasting in a 450-500-degree oven — but for only for 30 minutes. After that, turn down the heat to 350 degrees and roast away according to how big the bird is (typically, a 14-16 pound turkey will roast for about 2 ½ hours).