Cooking Tip of the Day: Jam-Packed With Deliciousness!
Monthly Recipes: May
Banana Blueberry French ToastPrep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 really ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk or regular milk
- 2 T. Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tea. Vanilla
- 6 slices of baguette bread
- 3 T. butter
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Natural syrup
Equipment: Skillet or Panini maker, Mixing bowls, Knife, Cutting board, Measuring cups & spoons
In a shallow bowl, crack the egg and add milk, cream and vanilla and whisk together. Smash/mix cream cheese, banana and blueberries together in a separate bowl. Dip one side of the bread into the egg mixture and place onto a pre-heated skillet or Panini grill. Spread smashed fruit mixture onto the other side of the bread and top with another slice of bread with egg mixture face up. Cook 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Serve with pecans—melt butter in skillet and add brown sugar and pecans and warm everything together and top with natural syrup.
Edible Education TV
Edible Educator Affliates program
Want to help the kids in your area learn to cook real food? Become an Edible Educator!
Who: There are three groups of people who are successful Edible Educators™.
- Foodpreneurs — These serious foodies are people with a passion for changing how the next generation thinks about food.
- After-school Providers — These folks love working with kids and benefit greatly from bringing the Edible Education™ experience to their program. Not only do they add a wonderful regular educational activity to their curriculum, they earn extra money for their program during the school year, and during summer’s, too!
- Dieticians and Health Coaches — These experienced professionals are able to couple their deep knowledge of nutrition with our proven chef-created curriculum. We not only teach the how to be chefs, we help them add a hands-on cooking lessons to their sessions with adult clients, as well as hospital and aging patients.
School enrichment classes never tasted so good. Our classes are one hour and are offered in 5 or 6 week sessions. Students enjoy themed cooking lessons with seasonal and sensational foods, for students K-G8.
The Edible Education hands-on curriculum gives students confidence in the kitchen. Students prepare three to four recipes per class.
Our trained chefs provide step-by-step, age appropriate, hands-on instruction for your kids, which makes learning to cook real food fun for everyone! (more…)